topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gizmo is asking for help!  (Read 2894 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gizmo is asking for help!
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Gizmo
supporters[at]techsupportalert[dot]com

Call for Help: Try Your Hand at Reviewing

For the last two issues I've asked for volunteers to help with the new Wiki-style version of the "46 Best-ever Freeware" list.

For this project to succeed, each software category needs an editor to moderate user comments, so I'm looking for experienced individuals to fill these roles.

The response has been good, but more volunteers are needed because there are still quite a few software categories needing editors.

If you feel that you are knowledgeable about a particular software category such as "program editors" or "disk encryption" then why not share your knowledge by becoming the editor for that category in the "46 Best-ever Freeware list."

As a category editor you will be fully credited for your efforts, unless, of course, you wish to remain anonymous. It's a great way to get your 15 minutes of fame. It's also a way of becoming an internet "giver" rather than just a "taker". And you will be surprised at just how much you will learn from the suggestions of others; I certainly have.

As of now, nearly 30 subscribers have volunteered. but more are needed. If you are interested, check out the list of still-vacant categories here [1] and select the categories that you would like to edit.

Then email coordinator[at]techsupportalert[dot]com with your selections plus a very short description of your background and experience. If you have any commercial affiliations related to any of the categories, please state them.

Feel free to select as many categories as you like or to suggest a new software category if you feel it is needed.

Thanks

Gizmo

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:50 PM by Curt »