ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Want to develop the greatest alarm clock software of all time.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
I've been using software alarm clocks since 1997 or so.

Waker 98 - Was very good.
Music Match Jukebox - Was good, but I got sick of their update BS and dumped it. Not user friendly.
Citrus Alarm Clock - Works ok, but could use some work. Not very user friendly. I'm using this one right now.

What I'd like to see is just a plain, ordinary, good, simple user interface that lets me set alarms quickly, easily, and in a highly visual manner.

This is yet again one of those tiny niche areas that doesn't really have a great application in it. I've thought about writing one myself because I need one, but it always gets pushed far down the priority list as I can make do with what I have. If someone were to fill the space here, I'd love it.

My guess is that a scrolling list of set alarms with checkboxes to enable/disable them along with a solid UI to set/edit alarms would be great. For some good specs., have a look at the Windows Task Scheduler. It really does a very good job of allowing a huge amount of flexibility for times. Not a great UI, but it is exhaustive.

lanux128:
Citrus Alarm Clock-Renegade (January 06, 2008, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, Citrus Alarm Clock.. i almost forgot about it.. :up:

prototype_angel:
I use citrus alarm clock, but my personal favorite is the banshee screamer alarm. Sadly this is not working on vista and i'll upgrade back to xp soon.

http://www.hanovsolutions.com/?prod=alarm

am starting development work soon. Am using source code from launchy and other sourceforge projects

Liquidmantis:
Citrus Alarm Clock - Works ok, but could use some work. Not very user friendly. I'm using this one right now.-Renegade (January 06, 2008, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which version?  I'm running the 2.0b3 version and it works great, easy to configure, and is visually appealing.

jgpaiva:
Am using source code from launchy and other sourceforge projects
-prototype_angel (January 07, 2008, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Pay attention to the licenses of the code you're using, if they are GPL, for example, you'll have to release your code under GPL too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version