ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

<< < (14/15) > >>

brotherS:
You mean sort of an "AHK special interest group" within DC, using DC as the "transport medium" to transfer the cash?  That sounds OK, as long as Mouser (and any other DC administrators) are willing to to the donkeywork.
-rjbull (February 12, 2007, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D
I'd guess that's not too much work - mouser could probably recycle the AHK fund 'user' used last time, and when 100% (of whatever amount) is reached use PayPal to transfer the money.

Maybe mouser could share some details :)

edbro:
I am intrigued by AHK but I am a long time Powerpro user. I saw that a couple of you are familiar with both programs. Does AHK offer any advantage over Powerpro? I currently have PP controlling just about everything on my computer and it uses very little resources. The program is still being updated but I have to admit, it is starting to show its age as it still has a lot of remnants from the past in it. Plus, it is not portable which I'm reading AHK is.

Can AHK create custom toolbars that are active only when certain programs are running?
Can AHK control the clipboard?

I'd love to give AHK a whirl but I have so much effort invested in PP right now I'm reluctant to switch. I might try running both for awhile and see if I can do everything in AHK that I currently do in PP.

One thing I do like is that PP has a very active usergroup in Yahoo Groups. Is there any such thing for AHK besides IRC?

brotherS:
I am intrigued by AHK but I am a long time Powerpro user. I saw that a couple of you are familiar with both programs. Does AHK offer any advantage over Powerpro? I currently have PP controlling just about everything on my computer and it uses very little resources. The program is still being updated but I have to admit, it is starting to show its age as it still has a lot of remnants from the past in it.

Can AHK create custom toolbars that are active only when certain programs are running?
Can AHK control the clipboard?

I'd love to give AHK a whirl but I have so much effort invested in PP right now I'm reluctant to switch. I might try running both for awhile and see if I can do everything in AHK that I currently do in PP.

One thing I do like is that PP has a very active usergroup in Yahoo Groups. Is there any such thing for AHK besides IRC?
-edbro (February 12, 2007, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
You didn't read many threads here, eh? ;-) Yes, AHK could do that, and much more. To inspire you, check out what Skrommel did with it: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/

AHK has a very active forum on http://www.autohotkey.com/ - much better than a Yahoo! Group IMHO.

edbro:
You didn't read many thread here, eh? ;-)
-brotherS (February 12, 2007, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually I did read them all so I take a bit of offense at your jibe. But, I do appreciate your answer. I saw no mention of AHK being able to do toolbars. Nor did I see a reference to forums, only IRC.

brotherS:
Actually I did read them all so I take a bit of offense at your jibe. But, I do appreciate your answer. I saw no mention of AHK being able to do toolbars. Nor did I see a reference to forums, only IRC.
-edbro (February 12, 2007, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Rest assured that it was just a jibe of the friendly kind 8)

You might have a specific definition of "custom toolbars" in mind, but you should quickly find out more. I suggest you post in the AHK forum, giving them lots of details and asking for feedback if what you plan to do is possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version