ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

<< < (6/15) > >>

brotherS:
[some random flaming]
-Cpilot (January 27, 2006, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
I won't even answer that. Sleep about it, feel free to edit your post if you feel different about your words later.

mouser:
heheh people sure have strong opinions about these utilities - that's a good sign really, but you guys please don't go to war over it!

brotherS:
No war here... lets see if Cpilot and I can agree on the quality of other programs :)

Cpilot:
No war here... lets see if Cpilot and I can agree on the quality of other programs
--- End quote ---

I have no desire to go to war over anything. Some points were raised with a certain amount of attitude and I responded in kind.

The purpose of my original post was to point out , what I feel is a great, powerful alternative scripting language.

As I pointed out I like access to the Windows API. Being used to the power of assembly, I found Autoit to be anemic in accessing structures (types for VB users) and too dependent on wrappers to allow full access to common controls and various other tasks available on the windows operating system.
Autoit also lags behind in COM implimentation, and COM is too difficult with assembly to allow quickly creating a simple script for quick tasks.
Autohotkey IMO is basically the same as autoit, no more and no less. And I was looking for a more powerful alternative.
FBSL fills these gaps quite nicely.

I have yet to see anyone using either above to be able to access openGL, FBSL is fast enough to render openGL smoothly and seamlessly. And easy enough to use for various simple scripting tasks.

As I stated it is not for everyone, but those who would like something more robust , I would encourage giving it a look.

mouser:
if there's one thing we should all know by now it's that different people have different needs, and different styles demand different tools as well.

it's always good to hear about new tools, so keep em coming!

( just don't let brotherS hear you say anything bad about autohotkey or he'll go off like a firecracker  ;D )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version