ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FastFontPreview - freeware font viewer

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
I noticed something interesting at the company site which makes Fast Font Previewer, a font "finding" tool which lets you put in a letter image and it searches to find a matching font in your collection. No idea how well this works.
http://www.lanmisoft.com/fontmatchingtool.htm

Veign:
PS: please add 1:1 screenshots on the page, and consider .png instead of .jpg.
-f0dder (January 04, 2008, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

The whole website needs a good overhaul and screenshots is a sore subject that I know I need to fix.  I have been putting it off but will try and get new screenshots up this weekend.

Curt:
How would you want them handled?  -Veign (January 04, 2008, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow!

My problem (on this matter) is that I have downloaded a lot of fonts packed in zip containers (EDIT: one or a few in each container), but some / far too many also have readme and other prank inside the container, so it all gets tiresome to unzip / seperate / move to > install / whatmorecanIthinkof.

What can be done?

Veign:
I will give some thought about peeking inside of a Zip file to preview and install a font.  It may take a while, but sounds interesting enough to take on as a project.

Veign:
I reviewed a few things and what I will do is change the Font Packager, which I have never been totally happy with, to work with Zip files instead of the custom file format I developed.  What this means is you will be able to create and handle font packages (zip files of fonts) from within Cfont Pro.

It will be slick when completed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version