ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

This has to be the most ridiculous license

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Good point, Lashiec. I didn't investigate any further, but I suspect this is an activation issue or one in which a machine code is generated and the licence matched to it...
-Darwin (January 03, 2008, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
In such a situation, not being able to use software I had paid for, I wouldn't have any moral problems with using a crack...

tomos:
Here I found one alternative freeware which does almost the same, except requiring one extra click.
-imtrobin (January 03, 2008, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think ScreenshotCaptor here* does it in 5 (if you include shift+PrtScrn (for "grab selected region") as one click

* see software link top of page

Darwin:
Yes, I've faced that myself, f0dder - at least as a thought experiment. I have a number of licences that require machine codes to activate and I grind my teeth every time thinking about the real possibility that at some point in the near future the company will go belly-up and leave me high and dry.

Lashiec:
* Lashiec counts the steps:
Shift+PrtScreen (one), select region (two), select what to do with the shot (three). Heh, if you choose to not use the dialog, can be done in two steps (if Screenshot Captor is already running).

f0dder:
Yes, I've faced that myself, f0dder - at least as a thought experiment. I have a number of licences that require machine codes to activate and I grind my teeth every time thinking about the real possibility that at some point in the near future the company will go belly-up and leave me high and dry.
-Darwin (January 03, 2008, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
And well, in fact you have to use cracks for a lot of games if you're running a 64bit OS, since they depend on (32bit-only) drivers for their protection. Added bonus is that games start faster and, for some of the nastier protection schemes, run faster as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version