ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: Calendar/to-do manager with special repeat patterns (for students)

<< < (5/8) > >>

Dormouse:
maybe it's more network related.
-Armando (February 10, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

[off topic]It's not the network freezing my computer(s). Never a problem if Outlook isn't on or if it is just left doing nothing. Some programs get stuck and it only affects them; others affect the use of the whole computer - and Outlook is one of them. Has been an issue for at least the last 10 years. I accept it is much less of a problem when the network connection & server is steady.

I've taken to having 2 computers hooked up just to avoid any problems; we use ToDoList extensively over the network with no problems or freezes at all.

This is a long way from the only reason I find it an abomination, but it's the most annoying example of it hogging my resources.[/off topic]

tamasd:
This might be a shot too far away, but you know the flashcard programs out there designed for students to memorize Q&A pairs, at least one of them had the repetition pattern customizable, so that you could set first repetitioin to 1 day, second 7 days, etc.
If interested try jMemorize or Pauker, not sure which it was though....

Armando:
(sent PM to avoid over-off-topicness  :) )

PaladinMJ:
hmmm maybe rainlender might fit your needs?
Rainlendar is a feature rich calendar application that is easy to use and doesn't take much space on your desktop. The application is platform independent so you can run it both on Windows and on Linux. The appearance can be customized with skins and you can even mix different skins together.

It is possible to use Rainlendar with other calendar applications too. Rainlendar uses the standard iCalendar format to store its events and tasks so you can easily transfer them between applications. You can also subscribe to online calendars and see your Outlook appointments directly in Rainlendar*.

Rainlendar is an unicode application and support localization so you can use it on your own language.
--- End quote ---
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php

Darwin:
PaladinMJ, as far as I can tell, the big problem is The request... to find a calendar (IMO, a task manager that somehow collaborates with a calendar would be better) that can repeat a task/event after one day, one week and one month, one time each.
All calendars I know of only allow a repeat pattern of either daily or weekly or monthly, not a mix of those patterns.
-alxwz (January 02, 2008, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can Rainlendar do this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version