ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

(Feature Request) Arrow keys to move windows inside grid

<< < (3/8) > >>

jgpaiva:
Armando could you please send my your ini file?

Those 2 keys can be changed in the hotkeys -> command hotkey and hotkeys -> fast move modifiers.

The FastMoveMeta is supposed to be without value by default. It was added in this version. It allows you to move the windows to grids 11->20 in a similar way to pressing win+#. You press win+<fastmovemeta> and then press a # and the window it moved to grid 10 + #. (is that understandable? :( )

Armando:
thanks jgpaiva.

i'll send you my ini file right away, before I make any changes to it.

lanux128:
What do you mean with "internal app", lanux?

I said that, because it was mentioned that it didn't have support for multi-monitor.
-jgpaiva (January 06, 2008, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

my bad, i meant to quote ppass but then again, FreeSnap lacks multi-monitor support so it moot point..

jgpaiva:
I just tested your ini file, and it's all right. Maybe we should deal with this in PM, to avoid spamming the forum, ok?

ppass:
Ok,i added the "step 1" you mentioned (actually, it's pretty fun! Not sure if it's that useful, though). -jgpaiva (January 06, 2008, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you so much for such a responsive attitude! It works exactly as expected. I find it pretty useful, especially since consecutive zone numbers match zones that are actually close one to the other in my grids.

Congratualtions on implementing detection of which grid element the active window is. This works perfectly!

Regarding the step2, it'd have to be made in the following way: each grid element would say what was the grid on its right, the grid on its left and the grid on its top and bottom. I think it'd be quite a chore to implement and then to create grids with these features, though.

-jgpaiva (January 06, 2008, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is pretty straight forward, the user just has to define 2 strings per grid as explained in my previous post:

horizontal arrows: (1,2,4,5,6,3)
This means that the user considers zone2 to have zone4 on its right and zone1 on its left

vertical arrows: (1,4,6,3,2,5)
This means that the user considers zone2 to have zone3 below and zone5 below

For example, for a 4 part grid, you'd have horizontal arrows = (1,2,3,4) and vertical arrows = (1,3,2,4). Believe me, defining this for the user is not a chore, it is just a small string.

On the program side, you just have to parse this simple string or dump it to an array, and assign the new zone to:

- the previous element of "horizontal arrows" in case the left  key was pressed
- the next      element of "horizontal arrows" in case the right key was pressed
- the first       element of "horizontal arrows" in case the "Home" key was pressed
- the last       element of "horizontal arrows" in case the "End"  key was pressed

- the previous element of "vertical arrows" in case the down  key was pressed
- the next      element of "vertical arrows" in case the up key was pressed
- the first       element of "vertical arrows" in case the "Page Down" key was pressed
- the last       element of "vertical arrows" in case the "Page Up"  key was pressed

At least for the simple grids, arrow navigation should feel pretty natural.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version