ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Best Games You've Never Played

<< < (13/13)

f0dder:
I played Descent with my SpaceOrb360 - that freaking rocked!

Deozaan: ugh, original pressed copy of descent3 giving CRC errors? That's not supposed to happen, unless you've had them in very hot and/or humid weather, or lying directly in the sun!  :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o

Deozaan:
Deozaan: ugh, original pressed copy of descent3 giving CRC errors? That's not supposed to happen, unless you've had them in very hot and/or humid weather, or lying directly in the sun!  :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o
-f0dder (February 29, 2008, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually they're disc images on a DVD. I went through my collection and ripped all my old CDs and put the images on a few DVDs. I figured it was better to have the Descent Collection on one disc than on 5.

I know it used to work because I installed off of the image before. :( The really bad thing is that within the past few months I actually deleted the DVD image off my computer because I figured I had it burned to DVD so I didn't need it.

f0dder:
Ah, so CD image on a home-burnt DVD... home-burnt optical discs expire a darn lot faster than pre-pressed media >_<. It's a real big piece of crap... and one of the reasons I pity people who base backup strategies on hd or bluray... the safest you can do is harddrives that you don't pull online often.

Lashiec:
Well, if you have the original copy, I don't see a problem. Or you can grab the game via BitTorrent, backup copies of works that you own are legal, after all :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version