ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Office suite for my mom?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Curt:
Try Kingsoft Office.. English version.. just released -rob wood (June 20, 2008, 01:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not too sure about "just released" (Edited: Sorry, I said that wrong, yes, the English version was probably just released, but to me the program itself bares no sign of having been update for at least half a year), but otherwise I am surprised by the well-known design of Kingsoft Office 6 (2007) - in a good way, that is. This Chinese is sheer MS Office 2003 - also in a good, and updated, way - but with a smaller footprint.

Office suite for my mom?

Did this use to be shareware? Just ignore, and click Trial. As with any other Office pack you will a little later have to give it a/your name as Author before creating your first document, and that is all - that is the registration - they don't even ask for an email address.

But they do claim to update:

Familiar look:
Office suite for my mom?

Office suite for my mom?

I am *almost* certain it did not install any fonts, even though this is a Chinese program and I have no Chinese fonts.

They say the program leaves no traces when removed.

They also make the very fine Kingsoft Internet Security 9, which is VB100 certificated.

Also read the other thread, WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz - I didn't notice it before I posted here.

cmpm:
http://www.ssuitesoft.com/

Here's one I found some time ago.
Could take a look at it and see if you like it.

Darwin:
Thanks for the mini-mini-review, Curt  ;D :Thmbsup: I've long wanted to try Kingsoft but could never locate an installer for the English language version. No excuses now, except my computer is on a software diet  :o

I'll just bookmark the site, or not...  ;)

Curt:
Well, Mike, if you re-read the title of this thread, you'll realize that it really isn't important if your PC is on a diet or not, because the Kingsoft application is meant for a mom!!  :P

I quite often email site addresses (to myself) in order to remember to study their content...

>> Did you email your mom today? <<

Darwin:
Well, Mike, if you re-read the title of this thread, you'll realize that it really isn't important if your PC is on a diet or not, because the Kingsoft application is meant for a mom!!  :P -Curt (June 20, 2008, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but my mum has been on a diet for years!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version