ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Office suite for my mom?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Curt:
... my mum has been on a diet for years!-Darwin (June 20, 2008, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Women... what can you say?!

---

SoftMaker is running a minor email campaign to make Ashampoo Office users upgrade to Softmaker Office - normally for €34.95, or for U.S. and Canadian customers: US$ 39.95 - but >> As a user of an older version of Ashampoo Office, you can now upgrade to the full SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows package for the low price of just EUR 24.99 (worldwide) or US$ 27.99 (United States and Canada only) <<

cranioscopical:
... my mum has been on a diet for years!-Darwin (June 20, 2008, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Women... what can you say?! -Curt (June 20, 2008, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Yes, dear... I'm very sorry."

Curt:
 :D

:-[

zridling:
I'd recommend any suite that uses ODF as a native file format, and this includes several online (RIA) apps, and perhaps soon, even Office 2007 with SP2. Locking her in to a proprietary format is the last place she should start computing.

Shades:
The new IBM Lotus Symphony is looking good...all options are there and it is also based on Eclipse (besides OpenOffice).

Since I think that 'less is more'...well, than this piece of software fits the bill (at least the writer application as that is what I have tested so far). Since I have it I didn't open my Open Office software anymore...just because of the interface that uses a principle that can be compared with that from the MS-Office 2007 ribbon.

It shows always some of the general options and then specific options for what you are doing in the screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version