ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

New App! WTF!? Music Info

<< < (5/10) > >>

seedling:
Minor Bug:  It doesn't handle bad year data well. I had a tag that was 199x and it popped up an error dialog and seemed to stop the scan.  It would be nice to know which file (so I can fix it ) and also if it would continue scanning ignoring that file.

What I would really like is something that could fix & rationalize the metadata for my music collection.
-srboisvert (January 04, 2008, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

keep in mind folks that this is basically a build#1 type app and does what it does with properly tagged or non-tagged files
but keep the bug reports coming, i really do need them.

i'll look at this issue as well.

i've been working on implementing thehandling of mpeg4-audio files and am real close to that.  once i get over that hurdle (for you iTunes people) i'll start addressing the other issues as well as extending the applications capabilities.

thanks for your patience. and, again, keep the bug reports coming :)

seedling:
ok Lashiec (an others), i've include mpeg-4 support! :D  from tests i've done from mpeg4 compressed files i've tested on it works (please read the readme.txt for more info)

also, i've stopped including audio filetypes that are non-taggable; suchs as ac3, wav, and vqf. this will eliminate any amount of large amount of 'non-tagged' resultes.

fixed the chart-display issue where only a % amount of relults were properly marked on the chart.

let me know if i'm missing anything else. (still working on other things, like include/exclude dirs).

thanks for you interest! :)

Lashiec:
Good job! Now those files are recognized without problems...

... and I unearthed another bug ;D. Seems something is wrong with the recursive search, because although it works in my main music directory, counting every file located in the nested directories, when I input the main directory (My Documents) containing the two separate music directories that I have, only one is searched! The other one does not show its results in the graph.

EDIT: And another one, this time a exception. I have various pictures for each album I have together with the music files, and it seems the program doesn't like cover pictures, at least one of them, because it throws a "External Exception EEFFACE" when it gets to this picture, and it seems the scanning routine gets stopped there, as the status bar shows it's analyzing this file. I wonder if this could be caused by the fact that this picture is duplicated in two different directories. The exception only occurs when I select "Genre" in "Display chart by". And pushing "Stop" button does nothing.

seedling:
Good job! Now those files are recognized without problems...

... and I unearthed another bug ;D. Seems something is wrong with the recursive search, because although it works in my main music directory, counting every file located in the nested directories, when I input the main directory (My Documents) containing the two separate music directories that I have, only one is searched! The other one does not show its results in the graph.-Lashiec (January 05, 2008, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure why this is happening because that's exactly how I test (having multiple subdirs, etc) I'll check it out some more just to be certain there's not some weirdness happening.

EDIT: And another one, this time a exception. I have various pictures for each album I have together with the music files, and it seems the program doesn't like cover pictures, at least one of them, because it throws a "External Exception EEFFACE" when it gets to this picture, and it seems the scanning routine gets stopped there, as the status bar shows it's analyzing this file. I wonder if this could be caused by the fact that this picture is duplicated in two different directories. The exception only occurs when I select "Genre" in "Display chart by". And pushing "Stop" button does nothing.
-Lashiec (January 05, 2008, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

If all of your songs are mpeg-4 audio, there might be some issue with picture tags.  I'll have to tag some m4a files I have with pictures to see if I can recreate the incident.

Lashiec:
No, no, pictures are free standing on each dir, the files are not tagged with them. And there's no single MP4 file in this case, just MP3, FLAC and Vorbis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version