ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Search subdirectories?

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
If you ever upgrade your processor, you'll probably be forced to leave Win9x behind... same thing if you add a substantial amount of RAM. Not much advantage in being able to boot DOS these days either, since there's backup/imaging programs that run fine off bootable CDs or USB pendrives, etc.

I used to be a diehard DOS fanatic (enough that I stripped down Win95 to ~25 megabytes and used it with shell=4dos.com, only to get better caching than smartdrv offered and decent multitasking), but after Win2k was released and I switched over, I haven't looked back one single time... Win9x is such a plague. Unless you have really old hardware (less than 700MHz/256meg ram), you're doing yourself a disservice by staying with win9x.

True, more (active) malware targets XP than 9x, but if you ever get any on 9x it can wreak a lot more havoc. And as long as you're behind a NATing router and don't run IE, chances of catching malware are very slim anyway.

But I digress :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version