ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Firefox Lover's Guide to Opera

(1/7) > >>

urlwolf:
This guy loves opera. He mises delicious integration as I do.

I am a Firefox fan. I’ve been using Firefox since it was named “Firebird” and calling it “stable” was a big overstatement. Firefox dragged me out of Internet Explorer, and that was definitely one of its biggest achievements.

Because I’m addicted to trying out new tools, however, I always kept testing new browsers I discovered here and there. K-Meleon, Flock, Sleipnir… When Safari came out for Windows I immediately installed it and used it for about 2 hours, only to realize that it wasn’t – and it still isn’t – usable at all, mainly due to sporadic crashes.

Similarly, I’ve been trying out Opera periodically, as new releases came out, but again it didn’t seem to work for me. The biggest complaint I had was its inability to render heavily-ajaxified web sites properly. However, now it seems that the Opera Development Team made a big effort to improve the browser, and I was pleased to notice that Opera 9.5b (“Kestrel”) doesn’t seem to have this sort of problems at all.

--- End quote ---

from h3rald.com

cmpm:
It took me a long time to switch to Firefox from ie.
The turning point was mostly when it switched to ie7,
which has hardly any customizable features,
unless you go with a ton of toolbars.

Firefox is very customizable imo.
You can pull icons off of the google toolbar
and put them where the menu items are, which is cool.
Then turn off the google toolbar.

Add ons No Squint, SpeedDial and Fastdial are great for me.
I don't know if Opera can do all that Firefox can.
But I haven't tried so I don't know.......

sri:
Fast - Check
Light weight - Check
Features - Check
Support for Roboform - oops!

Sorry, it's FF for now Opera..see you later.

Josh:
Ditto, no roboform == no opera.

Dormouse:
Ditto, no roboform == no opera.
-Josh (December 30, 2007, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
For me, it's the other way round. No roboform on Opera = no roboform.

I've used Opera and FF for a very long time (as well as ie when necessary). There have always been some sites that don't work so well with Opera (not so many as there used to be though) and I use FF for them. But I find Opera much faster and more efficient most of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version