ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2008

Click2LogIt

<< < (4/5) > >>

appyface:
Hi tinjaw, welcome back to our planet, hope it isn't much the worse for wear as when you left it :-(  (Don't watch the news)

See what happens when you make a nice idea into a little coding-snack program?  We turn it into a full blown app :-)

Yes a CSV output file option would be a nice touch.  A tab-delimited file would also be a good format.  Your choice and thanks.

Brandon can speak for himself of course :-) I think what he meant was a 'pretty display' of the stored data, indented per entry to make it easier so scroll back through and look at.  But don't store it on disk that way, just format it pretty for perusual.

Of course I could be way off base but that's what I got from his comment.

Thank you again for coming back to this!

Best regards,
--appyface

P.S.  May I inquire as to reason for your long absence?  We all have enough to deal with in our lives without adding in anything 'extra', I hope everything is OK.  No need to respond if I'm out of line to ask.  --appy

mouser:
I agree with appyface -- inquiring minds want to know.

tinjaw:
P.S.  May I inquire as to reason for your long absence?  We all have enough to deal with in our lives without adding in anything 'extra', I hope everything is OK.  No need to respond if I'm out of line to ask.  --appy
-appyface (October 24, 2008, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess the cynical short version is that I stopped sitting in front of my computer 24x7. I started working out regularly and getting out of the house and socializing. I stopped staying up to the whee hours of the morning. I then started dating - a non-computer geek. I just didn't have any time left to hang out on IRC and here in the forums as much. I'm still working out, going to bed on time, and my girlfriend has moved in with me -- so that does take up most of the time I used to spend on DC. However, I still want to be part of this wonderful community and participate as much as I can.

Now I am trying to find the right balance between all of the things I love (like coding with Python!) and all of the things I don't love so much, but need to do (like go to bed on time and work out regularly). It's not going to be easy.  ;)

mouser:
congratulations.. that is wonderful to hear.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

appyface:
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: indeed!!! 

Glad to know it was the best reason possible for being away!!!!  None better.  Congrats on a new life.

Best,
--appyface

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version