ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2008

KeyCounter

(1/6) > >>

skwire:
KeyCounter is a small app that keeps track of how many times you press any key you've added to its list.  It falls into the useless but kind of cool stats category.  It was originally written upon request from a friend but I have since fleshed it out for NANY.

Features:

* You can build out a list of only the keys you want to count.
* Auto save and reload of your keylist and counts.
* Export current list and counts to CSV format.
Version 0.0.1.1 adds:

* KeyCounter now saves the list automatically on Windows shutdown, restart, and logoff.
* KeyCounter now enters monitoring mode when it's started.  You can add keys/groups in real-time, no need to stop monitoring now.
Version 0.0.1.2 adds:

* Added the Spacebar, Escape, Tab, and Pause keys.
Download: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/keycounter/KeyCounter.zip

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2010-04-08
    + Added ability to auto-export list to CSV at user-defined interval.
      Edit, Options, and set the value.  Leave blank to disable.  Files
      are auto-saved in your ~install\data folder using the following
      timestamp format:  yyyy-mm-dd_hhmmss.csv.  (Thanks, J. Poston)
    ! Exporting to CSV missed the first row.  (Thanks, J. Poston)

TripleJ:
Hi!

Very nice application, skwire

KeyCounter does not seem to load the list of keys I want to monitor automatically on startup?

What might be the reason for that?

Thank you!

skwire:
KeyCounter does not seem to load the list of keys I want to monitor automatically on startup?
What might be the reason for that?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit-TripleJ (September 23, 2010, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the kind words.  Since KeyCounter works here for me under XP, I'm going to guess you're running it out of your Program Files folder under Win7.  If so, try moving the KeyCounter install folder to a non-protected folder and see if it works there.  Let me know how it goes.

mrspadina:
Thanks for putting this together, I'm using it now and it's a very useful, albeit, basic tool to have around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version