ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New C# FARR Plugin: FARREnviormentVariables

(1/4) > >>

vitalyb:
This plugin lets you easily access your environment variables. For example, Firefox keeps all its settings in your application data folder (%appdata%). In explorer you could simply write %appdata% to access it, however, in FARR it isn't possible. Until now :).

Install the plugin and press % to see the list of your environment variables, select one to automatically expand it on the search path or simply continue writing. Once you add the \ it would automatically expand. E.g, writing %appdata%\ would automatically become C:\Documents and Settings\Vitaly\Application Data\.

Notice: Only the variables that actually represent a folder, %PATH% and other variables won't be visible.

Download
http://vitalyb.dcmembers.com/FARREnviormentVariables/FARREnviormentVariables.zip

Screenshots

turns to:

Enjoy!
P.S I was a bit on the roll ;) But that's it, I stop for now.

mouser:
coool :)
another nice plugin would be one that lists all registered environment variables and their values and lets you search; click on one to copy it to clipboard (note farr has a copytoclipboard command you can all).

TucknDar:
P.S I was a bit on the roll ;) But that's it, I stop for now.-vitalyb (December 28, 2007, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
What? No, you don't need to do that :(

;) Just kidding. It's brilliant to us mere users to have another plugin writer for our favourite launcher. Thanks for your contributions to FARR and DC!

TucknDar:
The plugin throws some errors on my system:

This one appeared when I first booted today.

Then, when clicking above, I got this:

Then:

Then FARR crashed and I had to restart it.

Now, when I "Click to examine and configure plugins" I get the following error and I can't configure plugins:

Removing the "EnviormentVariables" plugin folder solves the problem. (Also, shouldn't it be called FARREnvironmentVariables and not FARREnviormentVariables?  ;) )

vitalyb:
Hi. I had the same issue. It is conflicting with an older version of FARRAltTab.

Download the latest version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version