ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Replace Windows Explorer [SOLUTION]

<< < (9/10) > >>

Curt:
Is it the search feature, Curt? Or is it Windows Explorer? As noted above, if I run Windows Explorer with the QTTab plugins I get a second explorer.exe process running as well... If, as f0dder notes, I have "launch folders in a separate process" enabled the second instance of explorer.exe doesn't close with Windows Explorer. What With "launch folders in a separate process" disabled, the second instance does close...
-Darwin (December 29, 2007, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I am not too sure what is causing what. Testing: As I am typing this I only have a single explorer.exe running and no Explorer window / shell open. As I open C\Programs (incl QTTab, and with six other folder tabs ready) there is still only one explorer.exe. Using QT to move files to another folder: one copy only. Using Explorer to copy2 = one. I am beginning to be confused again again. How did I even manage to have two copies of explorer.exe? I have seen two of them many many times (latest when I typed my previous post), but it is only now I am realizing that I actually don't know WHY there sometimes are two instead of merely one copy open. Apparently I have changed the "seperat process" settings without remembering, but I am using QT a lot right now and with only one explorer.exe open, so I will have to eath my words about the use of "Stifinder" (what is the English name?).

EDIT1+2: One explanation on my XP is that when ALzip has extracted a container it will open an extra copy of Explorer in order to display the folder's content. (I do this several times a day).

Well, that was one reason...

f0dder:
Stifinder = explorer. Although, iirc, "stifinder" is a shortcut for launching explorer.exe with the tree-view open.

Darwin:
I'll try typing that secret phase in Notepad, never bothered to do so 'til now ;D-Lashiec (December 29, 2007, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:

Lashiec:
I'll try typing that secret phase in Notepad, never bothered to do so 'til now ;D-Lashiec (December 29, 2007, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Darwin (February 02, 2008, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the page you linked in your message, search for "Notepad Phrases" :)

Darwin:
--- End quote ---

-Darwin (February 02, 2008, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the page you linked in your message, search for "Notepad Phrases" :)
-Lashiec (February 02, 2008, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D Good thing one of us can remember things that happened earlier than last week  :o Thanks for clearing that up  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version