ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug report] 'Switch from Large to Small Icons on Dirlist' display problem

(1/2) > >>

katykaty:
Got a minor but slightly annoying bug for you  ;) I couldn't see any other reports of it.

v2.00.145, using XP fully updated with standard display settings.

I've noticed that when 'Switch from Large to Small Icons on Dirlist' setting is ticked FARR cuts off the last result from the view, though you can scroll down. If there's only one matching result you don't see any results.

Unticking it corrects the problem.

It seems to also apply to combinations of dirs and files.

A couple of screenshots attached plus one showing my display options. Changing the skins or not using skins at all don't make a difference.

Thanks  :)

mouser:
i dont know why some people get font size problems while others dont.. do you have large fonts enabled on your windows?

one workaround for now is to go to options and customize the font settings and row heights.  you should be able to configure it to look right.

katykaty:
i dont know why some people get font size problems while others dont.. do you have large fonts enabled on your windows?

one workaround for now is to go to options and customize the font settings and row heights.  you should be able to configure it to look right.
-mouser (December 28, 2007, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser - no, my fonts are normal size, and changing the font height makes no difference - the results box just shrinks to match so I get exactly the same amount of information.

I'm not convinced it's the font size anyway - however many results there are (subject to the max entries option) the last one always drops off the foot of the display.

Incidentally the bug is also present when choosing 'Small Icon Report' in Options > Display > Results Display Syle

mouser:
can you try changing skins (or disabling skins) and then restarting FARR, see if that fixes.

CWuestefeld:
This sounds the same as the bug I reported several days ago. If so, font choice (or style) has no effect, neither does the skin. The same thing happens in all cases. Also, increasing "Result Height" has no effect -- the items get farther apart, but it doesn't bring the clipped bottom one into view.

For now, the workaround is to increment "max entries to display in normal results list" to one more than you really want to see  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version