ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove Grid Making Tutorial

<< < (5/8) > >>

jgpaiva:
hi excogitation!
Welcome to the forum.

Actually, i already made an atempt at a grid-making utility, but unfortunatelly, it became even more complicated than doing it by hand and i dropped it...

This really isn't an easy process, but making a gridcreator quite a complicated project. I intend to do it sometime in the future, but not right now.. The next step is to update the help file to a decent and more complete format.

Armando:
I just transformed a grid yesterday.
If you try modifying an existing grid and look at the results, it's pretty easy to do. Just a bit of maths-geometry involved...  ;)

Tyinsar:
Hi all. Sorry for the lack of updates to this  :-[ life has had me quite busy but I do plan to finish this in the near future. I think most of what you need to know is here already but ...

@excogitation: Just like you I wanted a grid making tool and I still wouldn't mind one BUT it sounds like it's difficult to create. Also,I suspect that even if one was made it would be very difficult to create one that would have even half of the flexibility of a manually created file. Like Armando says: "try modifying an existing grid ..." If you need help figuring something out or want a better explanation just ask - that's what forums are for (and what I'm trying to help answer with this tutorial - your questions can help us make this better).  :Thmbsup:

Armando:
Hi all. Sorry for the lack of updates to this  :-[ life has had me quite busy but I do plan to finish this in the near future. I think most of what you need to know is here already but ...

@excogitation: Just like you I wanted a grid making tool and I still wouldn't mind one BUT it sounds like it's difficult to create. Also,I suspect that even if one was made it would be very difficult to create one that would have even half of the flexibility of a manually created file. Like Armando says: "try modifying an existing grid ..." If you need help figuring something out or want a better explanation just ask - that's what forums are for (and what I'm trying to help answer with this tutorial - your questions can help us make this better).  :Thmbsup:
-Tyinsar (January 27, 2008, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. Starting from an existing grid + using Tyinsar guidelines.  :Thmbsup:

excogitation : would you like a kind of grid in particular ?

excogitation:
Haven't been welcomed this nice in a forum for a long time.

Thanks.

The explanation is perfectly fine - you don't even need it if you just look at the existing grids,
the thing is just that I'm soo lazy  :-[

I haven't really thought about what layout exactly I want... I just think if you had an editor
it would be really simple to come up with all sorts of useful grids just by playing with it.

Before I forget to mention it - Thanks, jgpaiva, for this program.
I've liked the concept of Acer's GridVista - but it was just missing the customizable layout
(and I didn't like the extra buttons), and have been looking eversince for a grid
program - took me about a year till I finally stumbled upon GridMove.

btw. I've read that you're in the process of converting the existing hardcoded grids to
.grid files - do you by any chance need help with that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version