ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Download Demons...

(1/6) > >>

manimatters:
Hey guys,
which program have you used, and are currently using to download stuff from the web?
What are the best and worse "features" according to you?

Ive used many, one of them being DAP(Download Accelerator Plus), was good in downloading, interface was good, but i consider it bloatware, i specially hate the ads it displays on the download progress window, coz i know its stealing my precious bandwidth!

Lashiec:
It's a known problem with download managers, seems "ads+download manager" is an unavoidable combination, since the days of GetRight and GoZilla!, and I don't know why...

I use the stock download feature in Opera. I can't get much advantage from multipart download, as my connection is always maxed out by any thing I get, and I don't see anything valuable in download managers that would help downloading in any way. Besides, Opera has mass downloading, so there's even less reasons for having a separate app for that.

I wonder why DAP has a trace cleaner feature...

Darwin:
I don't usually use a 3rd party downloader. When I do need one, though, I use Stardownloader Pro which sadly appears to have been abandoned. There is also a (likewise abandoned) ad-free freeware version available... http://www.stardownloader.com/downloads.php

NB while it's effectively been abandoned, it still works well for me!

a_lunatic:
I use Free Download Manager which comes in a lite version with plugins that are in the full version if you don't want all of them.

What is Free Download Manager? It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
--- End quote ---

Cuffy:
I use Leechget.........

I use the freeware and it usually connects with three connections. So far so good!
It works.......... what can I say?

"Welcome to LeechGet!

LeechGet was designed as a fast, comfortable and also powerful download manager, providing all capabilities you need to download files from the Internet quicker and simpler than ever.

Simple to use 

One of the main aspects while developing LeechGet was simplicity - every function must be integrated in an easy-to-use yet powerful interface. LeechGet uses a Microsoft Outlook-like user interface with which many users should already be familiar: a navigation bar on the left and a concise menu provide access to important functions of the program while Wizards are used to perform more complex tasks. Modern styled controls enhance the Look&Feel of the application. In addition, LeechGet seamlessly integrates in the Windows 9x/2000/XP environment and the Internet Explorer, allowing you to easily start and manage your downloads.

And yet powerful 

LeechGet provides many functions such a automatic downloading, download timer, automatic hang-up and shutdown to perform unattended downloads or uploads. A Webparser lets you download complete website with all images and scripts in no time and a history list gives you quick access to downloaded files.

Free for private use

You may use LeechGet free of charge for private use only (LeechGet Personal Edition). However, the Personal Edition comes without support and updates and you can only download eight files simultaneously. For commercial use or just to unlock the restrictions mentioned above, you have to acquire a Premium license for only 17 Euros.

Click here to get more information about how to register your copy of LeechGet!

Please take your time to get familiar with the LeechGet Use Interface and its features.

Click here to see some screenshots of LeechGet in action under Windows XP."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version