ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

White Smoke 70% off

<< < (11/12) > >>

Diegoz:
The software creates so many errors that I'd say it's overpriced even at 75% off.  :down:
-cyberdiva (February 23, 2009, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

The software it's overpriced even for free.

Curt:
Today I was offered to upgrade to version 2011. When following the link, I was made a new and even better offer: The entire package ("Executive") for $139, normal price $299. However, that is usually for a "year-model" version; this offer was for a lifetime key! (...), and now I have a lifetime license for the entire enchilada, for $100!!! I am so happy, never again will I have to pay for these microscopic improvements they add, in order to make you purchase an upgrade, (...)

Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)  (...)
--- End quote ---
-Curt (December 14, 2010, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once again I was tricked. They meant it literally, "Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)" = version 2011 for life. No "2012", no upgrades.
 :down:

Bionic71:
I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?

Shady offerings/advertizing and their website only gives a clear indication what to expect.
Still, I find this softare pretty useful but I wouldn't go near payments for it.

Did you download latest & tested your key?.. Maybe you've just got some email offer, I recon this company likes emailing people.

Curt:
I have two older Executive licenses -Bionic71 (May 14, 2012, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

-just how old? The normal license is for a year, and since 2011 they have started to offer "lifetime" keys valid for six years.

FWIW: I have not had WhiteSmoke installed for several years. I just want to keep my installation file updated in case I decide to test the program again.

Curt:
Once again I was tricked. -Curt (May 14, 2012, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?
(...) Did you download latest & tested your key?-Bionic71 (May 14, 2012, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is bizarre! You were absolutely right, Bionic. My key is working fine with 2012, even though it is from December 2010, and as such should be too old. So they were trying to double-trick me? My thoughts about these people, are not suitable for print.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version