ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

White Smoke 70% off

<< < (10/12) > >>

40hz:
"White Smoke" as in "Marketing Puff"?

Try this superb tool as a possible alternative.
You can have a free trial and they can be incredibly helpful if you want to extend the trial: Pathagoras
-IainB (November 21, 2011, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

@IanB - Pathagoras looks like an interesting albeit very special purpose tool. If you're familiar with it, would it be possible for you to post a mini-review? :)

IainB:
@40hz: Sorry, but I'm not really qualified to post a mini-review. It's been about 3 years since I last trialled it. I'm not sure whether I'm likely to be needing to use it again for some time.

Diegoz:
"White Smoke" as in "Marketing Puff"?

Try this superb tool as a possible alternative.
Pathagoras
-IainB (November 21, 2011, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice. Pathagoras seems to be useful for productivity purposes, specially when working with forms and when having to repeat documents again and again (like forms based on templates). The price per user (seat) is $379

Anyhow, it's not intended to provide advice regarding style and corrections while writing. Any other alternative?

All the best,
Diego

IainB:
Thanks for the advice. Pathagoras seems useful for productivity purposes, specially when working with forms and having to repeat documents documents again and again based on templates. Price per user (seat) = $379

Anyhow, it's not intended to provide advice regarding style and corrections while writing. Any other alternative?
-Diegoz (November 21, 2011, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not really.
I am assuming that you are using MS Word (that's what Pathagoras uses). If you switch on all the grammar checking in addition to spelling checks, then Word does a very good job of parsing your writing for potential mistakes (e.g., use of first person singular if you are writing textbook material).

Diegoz:
Not really.
Word does a very good job of parsing your writing for potential mistakes
-IainB (November 21, 2011, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you're partially right. Word is good for spell & grammar checking but what I need is a tool like White Smoke (but better) to improve my language skills. For example, alternatives to compose sentences and style suggestions, synonyms, ways to start or finish a letter and things like that. In addition, it would be advisable if it could detect the language I'm using to auto-disable when writing in other language than English.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version