ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

More on Super Flexible File Synchronizer; Updates Anyone?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Darwin:
PS I was initially "with Lashiec" WRT the SFFS 3 GUI but over time it grew on me and I find it incredibly intuitive and easy to use. The ergonomics of the GUI in v.4 beta are cumbersome and seem to require more clicking and searching to get things done. Just a quick observation though... early days in my use of it.

J-Mac:
PS I was initially "with Lashiec" WRT the SFFS 3 GUI but over time it grew on me and I find it incredibly intuitive and easy to use. The ergonomics of the GUI in v.4 beta are cumbersome and seem to require more clicking and searching to get things done. Just a quick observation though... early days in my use of it.
-Darwin (January 24, 2008, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't sound too encouraging, Darwin.  Have you looked at the schedule setup?  That was another area where SFFS lacked greatly and Tobias had promised to make significant changes there.

Thanks.

Jim

justice:
I think he gets a lot of e-mail regarding queries about functionality that already exists, therefore he's taken steps to make functionaltiy more accessible. Which hopefully will be a good thing as I think I don't use 80% of the features because I'm not sure if I need it or how it impacts.

Darwin:
Hi Jim - I've not tried the scheduling yet (I've never used it before). I will attempt to do so today and get back to you.

J-Mac:
Hopefully you all know that the V. 3X local scheduler must be open and running for it to work.  (If SFFS isn't open the schedule does not work at all - it isn't using the Windows Task Scheduler).

And the ExtremeSync service is supposed to run similar to Windows Task Scheduler, but it won't on my PC unless I have SFFS open and manually start the service each time.  (That may be a problem on my PC though).

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version