ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image

<< < (2/5) > >>

Cuffy:
I commented about Nero 7 in the post titled Nero 6 in this same section. I purchased Nero 7 for about $5 several months ago and must report that it isn't worth it's shipping cost in my opinion.
I'm a big fan of Nero and have used it for several years so when version 7 hit the street for $5 ??? or so, I jumped.
Bad move!
I installed it and almost immediately discovered the error of my ways. I repented by uninstalling it and reverting to Nero 6.
I've been watching for a deal on version 8 but all reports I've seen are that v8 is a disappointment. I'm still recommending Nero 6 (see previous post Nero 6). With the free downloads of the various updates for v6 you can do about anything you can imagine and more. Most of Nero 6 I haven't even installed! YMMV

;D

Lashiec:
Well, Nero 7 is pretty good as long as you select "Custom Install" ;D

Darwin:
I commented about Nero 7 in the post titled Nero 6 in this same section.... ;D
-Cuffy (December 27, 2007, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... so you did! I've never tried Nero so wasn't actually aware that version 7 is problematic, let alone that version 8 is out!

Thanks again for posting the link, Cuffy  :)

What bits of Nero 7 should one avoid installing, Lashiec?

Lashiec:
Everything except StartSmart (the central interface) and Nero Express (the former Nero Burning ROM). Take a look at the other components, but in my opinion you're only getting bloat unrelated to disc burning, which do their job worse than dedicated applications.

You can also install Tools, if you feel like scanning your discs for defects, doing speeds tests, and finding out if your burner does good discs or not.

Cuffy:
Your comments about v7 piqued my curiosity so I took another look at Nero 7 at Nero.com.
I didn't have v7 installed long enough to update it but here are the numbers from the site.......

More Details
Version7.10.1.2
Release Date2007-10-10
File Size332 MB (348462592 bytes)
MD5 checksumc1dd1dd32180e7608c05aabcbe582d1a

I'm wondering if I should reinstall v7 and apply the update?  ;D

Maybe combining parts of v6 and v7 would give me a better product?
I'll check if I didn't trash the CD for v7! Stay tuned  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version