ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Little things missing to build "object > action" style command line in FARR

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
i wonder how people would react in general if we made it always the case that when you hit alt+# or enter, it didn't launch right away by default, but always just "selected" or "queued" the item triggered and then presented options like:
1) LAUNCH
2) QUEUE
3) ... context sensitive stuff here.

using a special hotkey would work too and leave enter to do the launch.. or we could make it an option i suppose.

ecaradec:
It does not sound very fast to ask each time whether to launch or to queue ? :tellme:. I think I would personnaly prefer a shortcut-key.

Manu

nitrix-ud:
It does not sound very fast to ask each time whether to launch or to queue ?
--- End quote ---
agreed, the default behavior should not change, FARR is the fastest and should remain the fastest  :D

i suggest shift+enter to queue an item, which is an often seen hotkey (multimedia player...)
i also suggest that one could select multiple items !!!

mouser:
it would only be 1 extra press of enter, but ok fair enough.. it would be easy to make it an option, so if user still wants alt+# and enter to launch, they would use ctrl+# or ctrl+enter to queue.

nitrix-ud:
it would only be 1 extra press of enter, but ok fair enough..
--- End quote ---
yes but still ...
it changes the feeling...
i personnaly never use alt+# or ctrl+#

i usually search/type until the result i want is first
otherwise i use the arrows to select the second or third result...

i don't think many people use alt+# or ctrl+#, i already suggested to use alt and ctrl to modify the enter behavior...
ex : alt+enter, launch selected result and STAYOPEN
shift+enter, to queue the selected result
ctrl+enter, to open the shell context menu
etc...

and when the time comes that one will be able to select multiple items... this will still works !

that would be very usefull

cheers, nitrix

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version