ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommendations Destroying Storage Media??

(1/6) > >>

tinjaw:
I am moving in the next few days. I am throwing away everything I can bare to throw away so I need no move it. This will include several Compact Flash, USB memory sticks, and hard drives. I will be physically destroying all of them, but I still want to wipe them first. I was looking at Eraser. Has anybody used it? There is plenty of freeware and open source programs of this type, so I don't want to pay for anything. What do you recomment?

mouser:
Eraser is very good.

hollowlife1987:
DBAN is also supposed to be very good and it its a bootable floppy
http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Also as a side note it is sad to see hardware go to waste, maybe you should think bout donating it somewhere.

tinjaw:
Also as a side note it is sad to see hardware go to waste, maybe you should think bout donating it somewhere.-hollowlife1987 (December 23, 2007, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

We are talking completely useless stuff that has been sitting in my garage. Stuff like a 4 MEGAbyte CF card. An 8 MEGAbyte USB stick. This is all stuff you can't even buy anymore.

hollowlife1987:
Ah i see, i hate to go off topic but i know some children museums and PC recycling plants will gladly take the stuff :)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version