ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

I love the Bulk Rename Utility!

<< < (2/10) > >>

lanux128:
hi there

while on the topic of file-renamers, i just want to mention a personal favourite of mine...
[*] 1-4a rename v1.56.0. Can be added to the folder context-menu with this reg file. (very nifty...)[/list]

best regards,
lanux

mouser:
the freeware author of the 1-4a software seems like a great guy.  the 1-4a rename page is fun and lighthearted.  check out the "negative comments" page linked at bottom ;)

mouser:
just a note: flash renamer mentioned above is not free.

mouser:
brotherS just told me about Rename Master on irc (freeware):
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Rename_Master/1050495974/1

Nighted:
I downloaded a couple wallpaper websites (thank you offline explorer!) and decided it would be fun to play around with these 2 other renamers. I wasn't crazy about 1-4a Rename as it's lack of smooth scrolling made it very difficult to  sort through the list and it was missing certain features that I'm used to.

Rename Master, however, has a lot of potential. I love the fact that you can select options on one tab and move to another and set more without resetting the previous. The preview window is very cool too. I did notice that is was very buggy when it came to hilighting individual files using Ctrl-click and looping multiple files in a row was also giveing me odd results as certain hilighted file would "un-select"...bizarre....I will be keeping an eye on this one though.

I love these forums, I keep finding some really cool software that even Google can't seem to find.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version