ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

new FARR Plugin : Delicious - built on the Javascript SDK : FScript

<< < (2/15) > >>

TucknDar:
Wow! It's really fast, too. I wouldn't have thought that this kinda plugin (retrieve web stuff) could be that fast.

Excellent work, ecaradec :up:

vitalyb:
 :up: That's great! I always wanted Delicious plugin!

And the SDK is even MORE cool.

rbeeger:
Hi,

The delicious plugin only checks only the rss feed. So although with a small modification of the script (Just change deliciousurl at the top of it) it can be made to check the feed of a personal delicious account, it will never be able to search all delicious bookmarks of an account.
But anyways, this simple example shows what can be done with the SDK and it should be possible to create a better delicious plugin with it. Thanks to ecaradec for creating it.

Questions: If FScript is based on the Windows Script Control Host, would it be possible to create a version of it that would work with any scripting language that integrates with it (Ruby, Perl, Groovy etc.)?

Cheers,
  Robert

lanux128:
ecaradec, wow! btw enlighten me, does this mean i can run bookmarklets from Farr?

ecaradec:
it will never be able to search all delicious bookmarks of an account
--- End quote ---
Yes you are right. Only the last links are in the rss feed. The del.icio.us plugin does not allow to search all the archived link. Del.icio.us has an export fonctionnality that I may be able to use, but it is html and I would have to parse it with regex and combine that with the last results from rss.
I really wanted to get fscript out. Del.icio.us plugin was really meant as a sample for it.

would it be possible to create a version of it that would work with any scripting language that integrates with it (Ruby, Perl, Groovy etc.)?
--- End quote ---
Yes I could, but I don't know if its a good idea since ruby, perl, etc... are not installed by default with Windows and plugins would require installing another language to run. But its easy to do.

ecaradec, wow! btw enlighten me, does this mean i can run bookmarklets from Farr?
--- End quote ---
I'm sorry but fscript its more a JScript SDK. Its a way to write plugins in Javascript. Possibilities are those of shell script. There may be a way to run bookmarklets from farr but it would require to write the plugin for that. FScript is an easier way to write plugins for FARR.

Manu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version