ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

UberNote Released! (Advanced Web-Note System)

(1/1)

jlogic77:
Greetings!

I've been a member on here for a few days and wanted to announce the release of our new app into the wild. Obviously it's called http://www.ubernote.com.

I know it's a crowded market, but we do see a need. We think our application is different although it may not be obvious to the public... yet.   We designed it to be fast like a desktop installed application, with the advantages of the web.  All feedback is welcome!

Hope you guys check it out and it's something you can use for yourselves!

-josh

Ralf Maximus:
Looks interesting and useful.

One concern I have is what happens if the uberNote servers go away, either through mishap or (no offense) if you guys go out of business.  I looked through the demo but couldn't find any means of exporting or downloading to a local drive.

How would one go about making an offline backup of their notes?

Also, much of what I store as "notes" includes embedded binary data such as bitmaps and document files.  Often times I'll start a document in MS Word and drop external objects in there, including other Word docs or Excel spreadsheets.   

How does uberNote handle that?

jlogic77:
Looks interesting and useful.

One concern I have is what happens if the uberNote servers go away, either through mishap or (no offense) if you guys go out of business.  I looked through the demo but couldn't find any means of exporting or downloading to a local drive.

How would one go about making an offline backup of their notes?

Also, much of what I store as "notes" includes embedded binary data such as bitmaps and document files.  Often times I'll start a document in MS Word and drop external objects in there, including other Word docs or Excel spreadsheets.   

How does uberNote handle that?
-Ralf Maximus (December 20, 2007, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

In terms of your note data, we do run daily offsite backups.  Everything is off a reliable dedicated server host.  But that doesn't cover all our bases. 

You are right, there isn't any current way to export your notes but it's a good point.  We will look into that.

Currently attachments and other binary data are note supported, but are on the way.

Thanks for checking it out!

spozzie:
Do you plan to have a version that will work efficiently on a mobile (cell) phone?

jlogic77:
It's in the works!  All part of the master plan...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version