ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Current IE8 build renders the ACID2 Test correctly!

<< < (6/12) > >>

dlagesse1992:
I'm happy that IE finally supports more code, but there are a couple of other things to think about:
-Woo! It renders one thing right! How about the rest of the internet?
-Still not fun to use. It can take lessons from FF and its extensions to fix this.
-Bad interface. Takes forever to do anything. Weird layout.
-Ugly Icon. Needs to be fixed.
-Name: not creative enough.

I may be a bit critical, but I am impressed that the developers are at least trying to do something right.

Josh:
The rest of the internet? I've yet to run into a site that ISNT A TEST SITE that IE has failed to render properly.

No fun to use? IE has been extendable since its initial release. The API has always been there and has been used by hundreds of thousands of developers. You can tie just about anything into IE.

Bad interface? Thats subjective

Ugly Icon? Again, subjective, but does it matter when it comes to browsing the web? Does an icon affect your browsing?

Name? Umm, sounds like reaching for straws to me.

nosh:
The only reason I have IE (6) still on my system is coz of MS's underhanded approach (some links simply refusing to load my default browser). 

Josh:
Like what? What refuses to open your default browser?

nosh:
Clicking the "x new msgs" button within MSN Messenger, for one. I also do Windows updates manually and I had to use IE for it to work, IIRC. I've been using IE for that ever since so I don't know how compatible the windowsupdates site is with other browsers now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version