ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help with a name for my new NANY program

<< < (4/8) > >>

Cuffy:
My late brother and his brother-in-law were in the sign business many years ago.
He had a critiqueing system for signs proposed by customers. The system may be useful in your situation?
For example, the local fishmonger wanted a big banner type sign that he could hang in front of the store when he got a big load of fish in for sale.

He informed my brother that he wanted the sign to read:

[size=12pt][/size]FRESH FISH SOLD HERE TODAY

Bro suggested maybe they could shorten the sign some and still get the point across.
They discussed the word FRESH and decided that once you got a whiff of the fish it became obvious it wasn't fresh.

Fresh was chopped off and they looked at the word FISH. It was decided that with the rack full of ice and fish in front of the store that the word FISH was expendable.

They soon agreed that everyone in town knew it was a fish store so they dropped SOLD.

Left with HERE TODAY they readily agreed that HERE was redundant. After all, this IS the fish market!

With only TODAY left it seemed ridiculous to hang the sign. With all that stinky fish out front when else would it be for sale?

Being mutually agreed on the sign my brother bought a couple of Red Snappers and left.

Perhaps "POINTS" would suffice?

:-[

Target:
points2progress (it's a play on words...)?
pointbank?

(are we getting scored on this??)

PhilB66:
(Personal) PointScorer
Redeemometer

nite_monkey:
going with the microsoft theme: points pincher 2008 professional edition
going with a shorter theme: points pincher | DC Points pincher | DC points pincher 2008

mouser:
some things i look for in a name:

1) if you tell someone the name, they should be able to do a web search based on what they hear and find it easily.
this means that many names like points2progress are troublesome because you might thing its "points 2 progress" or "points to progress" etc.  i think always prefer something that has an intuitive way to spell it.
2) if there are too many hits in search engine thats not great.. better to have something unique and easy to find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version