ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop hard drive... 5400 or 7200 ?

<< < (12/15) > >>

Lashiec:
Darwin, did you get permission from your wife to buy that second monitor? ;D

Darwin:
Darwin, did you get permission from your wife to buy that second monitor? ;D
-Lashiec (January 15, 2008, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! But I didn't bother... I have an Intel integrated graphics card in an old Centrino notebook and I decided that for now I'm not interested in splitting the 64MB of shared memory between the two displays. I mean, I'm sure it would work, but I figure there's not much point getting an expensive secondary monitor until I've verified that it will work! I'm too lazy to go 10 minutes up the street and plug my friend's Samsung monitor into my notebook to see what happens.

PPLandry:
Yes! But I didn't bother... I have an Intel integrated graphics card in an old Centrino notebook and I decided that for now I'm not interested in splitting the 64MB of shared memory between the two displays. I mean, I'm sure it would work, but I figure there's not much point getting an expensive secondary monitor until I've verified that it will work! I'm too lazy to go 10 minutes up the street and plug my friend's Samsung monitor into my notebook to see what happens.
-Darwin (January 15, 2008, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have a 4 year old centrino with integrated graphics and I can guarantee you that working on dual-monitors is beautiful (64MB is plenty unless you're doing games. My laptop has 1400x1050=1.5Mpix, the external has 1600x1200=1.9Mpix. Total is 3.4Mpix. At 32bit per pixel, that comes to a total of 14 MB... well under your 64MB). I saw not difference in performance, Windows manages dual screen beautifully, and that 21" samsung 204B is wonderful in landscape and portrait mode.  :-* :-*

Darwin:
Pierre - your parents should have called you "Eve"  >:( Just when I thought it was safe to enter an electronics store, too...  :P

PPLandry:
Pierre - your parents should have called you "Eve"  >:( Just when I thought it was safe to enter an electronics store, too...  :P
-Darwin (January 15, 2008, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
And I do love apples

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version