ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WinTasks Pro ... Windows Explorer is a trojan - yeah right!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
My last post has been edited with another example.

Yes it should be reported - have you ever tried contacting Microsoft?

Having said that I just found their Gold Partner website - which is basically a glorified club that MS charges for!

f0dder:
Yes it should be reported - have you ever tried contacting Microsoft?
-Carol Haynes (December 18, 2007, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, but generally I think you have to be lucky to get a reply - unless it's something really serious :)

cranioscopical:
have you ever tried contacting Microsoft?
-Carol Haynes (December 18, 2007, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need to in my case. I get quite a bit of email from Bill Gates, who's nice enough to offer me some hot stock tips.
Thanks to him I'm comforably invested in that scheme to extract bio-fuel from all those corn fields in the Sahara.

Lashiec:
The problem in this instance is that Uniblue is doing things wrong, as always, and the information about the process is badly redacted. The notes should be in a separate section, down the article (or the window in this case) saying: "When lsass.exe is located here, and the file size is that or this, then the process is such malware..."

The best tool in this regard is Google or your favourite search engine, instead of a third-party process manager, which, really, had always pale in comparison with Process Explorer, PrcView or What's Running. I remember that, even before Uniblue started to resort themselves to questionable marketing schemes and tried to expand their software scope with dubious products, they were trying to provide information about the software running in your system.

BTW, how things are done the right way

Hey, cranioscopical, send me the link, I want to get rich too! (Those scammers do not bother to try hard these days ;D)

Nighted:
If Windows Explorer was a trojan, I'd have at least 50 kids right now.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version