ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you 'capture' a BSOD?

<< < (4/4)

nosh:
I'm running an nVidia card too [FX6200], the Desktop manager acted up very early on and I've had it disabled since.
Ultramon & WinSplit Revolution are more than capable of handling everything I need.

Ralf Maximus:
I just googled WinSplit Revolution.  I *think* I get what it does -- turn a bigger monitor into several smaller monitors.  But why is this useful?

Is this something you need a widescreen to appreciate?

nosh:
It lets you quickly place windows where you want with a lot more precision than Windows 'tile' function. If you're running one app maximized per monitor at all times it won't be much use.

It uses very intuitive shortcut keys, Ctrl+Alt+Numpad 1-9. The numpad keys apply directionally, for example Ctrl+Alt+9 places the active app to the top right corner (quarter screen occupied), Ctrl+Alt+8 would make it occupy the top half of the screen. Kind of like a game's controls. You'll drag apps around and resize borders manually a lot less once you start using it.

ChalkTrauma:
I had posted this before on another thread... Great post on analyzing crash dump files:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

This can really help you track down a misbehaving driver..  :D

tinjaw:
Thanks for the link ChalkTrauma! That's a keeper.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version