ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

End-user problems with Artplus Software

(1/5) > >>

doublewitt:
This company Artplus Software, offers some nice applications as promotional tools for business marketing. Their marketing tools are "catchy" and seem to be worth using as everything seems to look fine, however, you eventually realize that something is wrong...

And so the software seems good at first - but - when you realize that this promotional tool produces aggravating frustrations in your client base who in turn direct that frustration at you because the software producers completely refuse to develop easynoter. I own it now for over 6 years and there has never been any updates except a small fix for XP when Microsoft launched it. They completely shelved it and it's abandonware. There are many bugs and fixes needed but there is no development. There are some serious issues that are simply ignored by the developer and sales people. But watch out for the END USERS who fall victim to this sour promotional tool that delivers no support. I've spent nearly $200.00 in purchases for their softwares that are NEVER updated. So if you think that your clients will enjoy using software like easynoter with absolutely no support - well - that's a risk you take - good luck!! easynoter is well behind in terms of today's standards for note taking software. Many of the today's features are simply MISSING and with no hope for anything else to be implemented. It's a shame, it really is. If you want to invest and support abandonware like I did, well, you're headed for trouble...and your clients too... because when they use the "promotional" tools, they eventually opt for PRO versions and discover many unending problems... and you referred them to it. You can use the promotional tools to distribute an unlimited number of copies of easynoter lite which ofcourse, is feature disabled or limited. Afterwards, that's when the troubles set in...

I sent them countless emails that are answered in due time but the response is always negative. They keep developing the promotional aspect but their softwares are "abandoned" and that really makes a bad referral for your clients. They really don't care about the end user and his needs - that aspect - is totally ignored. That's not good business practice, and that's a poor show of professionalism. The end user is really trapped...
beware...!!!

Darwin:
thanks for the post, Doublewitt. I got a copy of EasyNoter earlier this month as an unheralded bonus with another software purchase. I installed it and played with it for five minutes but it shows its age - WRT to GUI and features - and I haven't used it since. Your post has just inspired me to cut my losses and simply uninstall it (no hardship as I'm not using it anyway...).

Sorry it's turned out to be such a millstone around your neck - that's too bad. It *looks* on paper like a nice freebie to giveaway, too bad it's not such a good deal for either the end-user or the company that is giving it away.

doublewitt:
Well, the concept is good and the products are nice [based on their release a few years ago...] but the results are outrageous! At the time of purchase, there was all kinds of promises for updates and developments - but it actually turns out otherwise. And after announcing to me (by email), various development projects, he [Neven Prasnikar], later on, cancelled everything! The concept would be much better if they kept up with the trends [software development]. That way, it would be an interesting promotional tool with something to offer - not a dead-end street!

artplus:
Well, the concept is good and the products are nice [based on their release a few years ago...] but the results are outrageous! At the time of purchase, there was all kinds of promises for updates and developments - but it actually turns out otherwise. And after announcing to me (by email), various development projects, he [Neven Prasnikar], later on, cancelled everything! The concept would be much better if they kept up with the trends [software development]. That way, it would be an interesting promotional tool with something to offer - not a dead-end street!
-doublewitt (December 15, 2007, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Dale,

Nice to hear from you again... Thank you for your post here. I just checked our website logs and clicked to this referal only to find out that my vorthy customer is slandering my product again. To be fair,maybe we should post all of our correspondence here for people to get to know you better?

Oh, by the way, for those who don't know me, I'm Neven Prasnikar that Dale (Doublewitt) mentioned above in relation to that poorly designed and never updated software. Dale is an old "friend" of ours with whom I personally exchanged some oh... roughly 50 support messages in the past ranging from "outrage" that our program is not getting any updates every week to apologies for being a "hard customer" etc. In the meantime, it looks like Dale found a meaning of life! That's... slander people on the net, how cool  :P

Whatever.

Dale, we're updating our software when it's required by our customerS. That capital S is not a typing error. I'm talking about multiple customers and not a single disgruntled one (that I even know by name no matter how hard he's trying to hide). We're still selling the same old program to happy customers following the simple logic... don't fix it if it isn't broken! Well, EasyNoter isn't broken. Only thing that required an update was installer to handle new Vista imposed requirements. And that's updated few months ago.

Anyway... think about the fact that I actually know who you are even though you used an alias here. I know who you are because such a... how do I put it... silly (?) person lying about some "promises made at the time of purchase" is in our case indeed a rare gem.

Oh, yes, I called you a liar too! We NEVER make any promises at the time of purchase! Yes, I did mention some plans in our later, at first very friendly, correspondence. And yes, our plans changed and priorities shifted to releasing other software. But PROMISE!? That's a lie and actually a libelous slander.

Don't worry though. We're not thinking about suing you. You're a silly benign guy (frankly I feel sorry for you). If I would consider your "actions" a threat I wouldn't post here either. First rule of Public Relations is NOT to get engaged in public debates with disgruntled users as they tend to be more likely to get mad and spread even more lies about you in the future. Well, I don't really care. Some people will fall for your lies and will eventually (maybe even honestly) see that our product is NOT for them. But there will also be people who will rather visit our site and check for themselves and that will happen to like our product. So, you'll actually help us sell more programs.

Someone did click the link you posted above you know. That's how I noticed this post in the first place. And this post will stay here... and more people who maybe never heard of Art Plus (http://www.artplus.hr) will visit our site thanks to you  :Thmbsup:

Not everything is for everybody. Our programs are not for you. Well... sorry. Really... I am!

Please do make me a favor though. DON'T buy any programs from us in the future, okay? Thanks!

Cheers,

Neven Prasnikar
Art Plus Marketing & Publishing, Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.artplus.hr
Publishers of Infamous EasyNoter!  :-[

doublewitt:
Well, sorry for your response... it lacks a lot of class. To clear things up, and first of all, reporting about companies who leave users with their problems and refuse to develop their softwares is not a slander and it's not a lie. Your reaction is out-of-swing. easynoter has been sitting on the shelf for years and I know plenty who have left it completely as you have left them... when I purchased easynoter, I was told that it was under development - that is an engagement - a form of promise - or maybe we shouldn't take you seriously when you speak. Basically, and truthfully, when we purchase software, we inquire for future projections and rely on your word which is like the shifting sands...

I was expecting a much more classy response...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version