ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wallpaper Manager?

<< < (3/4) > >>

doublewitt:
I've seen lots of wallpaper changers. Some are great, some are complete excrement.-Nighted (December 16, 2007, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I read this remark, this is what I looked like!
Good grief, I thought that was funny...

Wallpaper Manager?

I also have Wallpaper Master - but - there is something in the WPChanger that I like a bit more and that's the ability to see thumbnails of each wallpaper. Wallpaper Master has it set up in a way that you have to click on items in a list to see the preview - that's Ok, I guess, but I'd rather see the thumbnail and click on it instead. And so with WPChanger, instead of seeing long lists and wondering "what is that?" and then constantly clicking everywhere to see the actual thumbnail preview, WPChanger directly "cues" you into thumbnail view and then you quickly proceed to selection [view and select] - no more clicking everywhere to see what the picture is. WPChanger also allows for a resizable preview pane (drag the corner) that you can see alongside the viewer. WPChanger is definately more simple but that's the way I like it. And so I use this one...

Wallpaper Manager?

Wallpaper Manager?

Curt:
I have been using Webshots Pro/Premium for many years, and I still don't want anything else - Webshots is just the right one for me, and I really like how easy it is to add new pictures from http://www.Webshots.com's remarkable Photo Gallery or from my PC. The program is never updated, but it doesn't need to, so who cares.

Wallpaper Manager?

Wallpaper Manager?

http://www.webshots.com/

siouxdax:
Firstly, my most sincere apologies for the delay in my reply. Second, I am so overwhelmed by the replies with tons and tons of information about the myriad of programs to manage wallpapers. Slowly though, I am going through them and trying them out. As one of you said, there are a few good ones, and a lot that's just pure excrement. He was right about that. Some of these just confuse me as to why they were made the way they made. :)

Thank you so much for all the help!

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa

CleverCat:
Webshots free does it for me and it does update... :Thmbsup:

VampireRat:
I saved a copy of the old Webshots installer, and I'm glad I did, because it's my preferred wallpaper manager.  The cool thing about the older version is that it creates a file in C:\Windows called WebshotsforUsername.bmp (substitute your user name), which becomes whatever wallpaper I have chosen from the manager, including normally non-downloadable pro shots from the Webshots website.  If I want, I can save the .BMPs and convert them to JPGs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version