topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 'Number of days to date' program?  (Read 14484 times)

Falcon_four

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
'Number of days to date' program?
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know of an program which calculates the days to a specific date or dates AND can give you a list of all the events displayed in a single view?

I'm currently using DaysTo(GO) (http://www.1newmessage.com/PC/main.asp) on my mobile phone.  It is quite usefull for managing software subscriptions, birthdays, etc.  It also is nice to have a list display rather than having to set a reminder or go to a specific day (so you can just glance at the list and see you have x days before that particular event).  The company have a PC version but it seems very large for the job it does, has a poor registration system (locked to a single pc) and would not run after I installed it into a virtual pc.

I would like a portable and free program but I don't mind paying for something if it works.

I have tried search for a program to do this but I could only find simple programs to calculate between 2 dates or which are much more complex and overkill (e.g. Ultimate Date Calculator).  I have though of using a spreadsheet but would prefer a seperate program...although if anyone knows of an Excel template which already does this it would be at least a useful temporary solution.

Thanks for any reply,

>>>>F-4>>>>
>>>>F-4>>>>

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 'Number of days to date' program?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:25 AM »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Just to set the record straight - I didn't pay Falcon_four to post that. 8)

Falcon_four

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Typical!

I guess if you get the wrong keywords on your search you missing things...or if you don't read software lists carefully!!! :-[

To tinjaw:  Seems to be basically what I'm looking for but:  Main problem at the moment is that I get a -1 no matter what I enter.  I check the bug tracker and see you fixed that in version 0.0.0.9 but the only version I keep getting from the download link is version 0.0.0.7 (right-click->properties->version tab), the SHA-1 is:C9B55EB8FC7DF752A12C246B9B8CF67C3A8752C4.  I've tried downloading it a few times with the same result.

Also this version seems to close with an error if I have nothing highlighted and press delete:

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line -1:

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
OK   

This also seems to happen on the 'days to' display if you click the remove/reset buttons with nothing highlighted.

Also few feature requests if possible (sorry if they've been mentioned before):

• Having the program start with the Days To display and only having the current start screen if you edit or add (perhaps on a right-click).
  • Make it so you can have it minimized on startup/or the above (so it shows the dayto)
  • Have recurring entries, i.e. no year just day/month - so it never says time since just days to next date.  Useful for birthdays or bills, etc.

Thanks for considering these,

>>>>F-4>>>>

>>>>F-4>>>>

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I'll have to give that a try, tinjaw.  Looks d!

In the past I have used a different program - but not for what you are looking for, Falcon_Four. Date Calculator is a little utility I used to calculate lead times for equipment deliveries on my engineering projects. Everyone in that business always used a lead time "wheel": one of those little plastic date calculators that suppliers would give out.  Date Calculator did about the same but on my PC.  Simple but effective for what it does.

Jim

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 08:33 PM »
i have mentioned this before but here it is once again: 1-4a Datestat 1.1, a freeware that displays the date difference in various ways...

Originally from: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=918.0

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Just to set the record straight - I didn't pay Falcon_four to post that. 8)
;D ;D ;D just noticed this..

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 07:36 AM »
What was up there wasn't version 0.0.0.9. It was still version 0.0.0.7. I've updated the download to version 0.0.0.11. No changes.

Let me get all this into the bug tracker and I'll try to fix some tonight.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, you can register at the bug tracker. That will allow you to enter new bugs, request new features, and get email announcements for stuff you are interested in tracking, like a bug you report.

Tinjaw's Bug Tracker.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Also this version seems to close with an error if I have nothing highlighted and press delete:

AutoIt Error
Line -1:

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
OK   

This also seems to happen on the 'days to' display if you click the remove/reset buttons with nothing highlighted.

Issue: 0000012: close with an error if I have nothing highlighted and press delete

Having the program start with the Days To display and only having the current start screen if you edit or add (perhaps on a right-click).

Issue: 0000013: start with the Days To display

Make it so you can have it minimized on startup/or the above (so it shows the dayto)

Issue: 0000014: minimized on startup - Mantis

Have recurring entries, i.e. no year just day/month - so it never says time since just days to next date.  Useful for birthdays or bills, etc.

Issue: 0000016: reoccurring events - Mantis

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 06:08 PM »
i have mentioned this before but here it is once again: 1-4a Datestat 1.1, a freeware that displays the date difference in various ways...

That's a neat app. Thanks for the tip.