ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The MAIN reason EVERYONE should use EverNote!*

<< < (2/5) > >>

Darwin:
OnenNote and SQLNotes do this as well...

f0dder:
Do you really see that many BSOD that it is a concern? I haven't had but maybe two in the past three or four years. BSODs on WinXP should be a /very/ rare occurrence these days and should only result when you update or install a device driver.
-tinjaw (December 13, 2007, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not to mention that if EverNote saves changes so often that "a BSOD shouldn't be an issue", it's going to do a lot of disk writes... what if a BSOD happens as the database/whatever is being saved? Sure hope it does atomic file saving :)

Darwin:
[Smirk]Good point, tinjaw - I missed that note earlier[Smirk]

housetier:

Here is a real-time text editor for the ROX desktop: Tide

CodeTRUCKER:
Do you really see that many BSOD that it is a concern? I haven't had but maybe two in the past three or four years. BSODs on WinXP should be a /very/ rare occurrence these days and should only result when you update or install a device driver.
-tinjaw (December 13, 2007, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I am having a rash of them.  I have had two in the last week and the fact that twice I had lost a salient point in my writing was enough to send me hunting.  That is how I discovered Evernote.  I tested each of what I could find out there, but only Evernote could show me it saved everything.  Even the two that recently occurred only proved to be an inconvenience.  Once back up and running I just kept on where I left off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version