ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The MAIN reason EVERYONE should use EverNote!*

<< < (3/5) > >>

icekin:
I tried using Slickrun, which is actually a program launcher like FARR. But when I press Win + J it gives a scratch pad called Jot which saves to the hard disk automatically after each key stroke. Not as full featured as evernote, but okay for quick and dirty work.

Darwin:
CodeTrucker - I tested this only in so far as I opened up both OneNote and SQLNotes and typed in single letters (actually I hit return twice and typed in the letter a) and then shut down the programme without saving anything. When I fired them back up the changes I had made were still there.

I'll take one for the team though (Gulp!) and try hitting the juice button in the middle of typing in both  :o

CodeTRUCKER:
I'll take one for the team though (Gulp!) and try hitting the juice button in the middle of typing in both  :o
-Darwin (December 13, 2007, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is the ticket, one of intrepid spirit!  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
CodeTrucker - I tested this only in so far as I opened up both OneNote and SQLNotes and typed in single letters (actually I hit return twice and typed in the letter a) and then shut down the programme without saving anything. When I fired them back up the changes I had made were still there.

-Darwin (December 13, 2007, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
DONT DO IT!!!
-
use xyplorer: open to where the file is being saved,
doodle a bit  :)
check has file been updated/saved in XY -
you have to hit F5 to refresh but default shows seconds in saved time so should be easy to check

EDIT: just to be clear:- check has file/database been updated before closing programme down

Darwin:
Too late, Tom! The first test was SQLNotes and was negative (ie none of the edits were there when I started my computer up and opened SQLNotes). The second test with OneNote was positive but fraught with danger! chkdsk popped up on system start and went nuts deleting files and moving things around. When the dust settled explorer.exe crashed soon after my desktop started loading and I had to kill it when it restarted because it hung, freezing my system... The "good news" is that OneNote DID save all of my edits.

In both cases I was typing as I hit the power button on my computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version