ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Way More Than Your Average Screen Capture Tool!

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
keep in mind the pdf is exactly the same (but perhaps a bit older) than the .chm help file included with every install of screenshot captor.

J-Mac:
keep in mind the pdf is exactly the same (but perhaps a bit older) than the .chm help file included with every install of screenshot captor.
-mouser (December 13, 2007, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
True, but the Help+Manual software you features here once is, oh... like a $399 program for the Standard version, and $599 for the Pro!!  So how would one make the CHM file into a PDF file?

Printing a CHM file is NOT something anyone wants to do!

Jim

Darwin:
My usage of Screenshot Captor echoes J-Mac's usage over the years (not that SnagIt has ever given me any trouble - in my case I've installed SSCaptor and played with it, but never very seriously). After reading J-Mac's comments I'll have to put it through its paces!

Note: Snag-It 7 or 8 did a VERY comprehensive job of either hiding or removing completely some very useful features - such as the blur tool johnfdeluca (may I call you John? or Jack?) refers to above. I still use Snag-It 8 and like it, but I'm beginning to appreciate that I may be missing out here!

J-Mac:
Hey Mike,

Until I started really looking at it yesterday, I had no idea that it had all of the features that it does have.  It is, like many of the programs created by coders here at DC, and mouser in particular, so muted in its appearance that you would never know how powerful it is until you took a closer look at it.  In my opinion - and this is probably a very premature opinion as I haven't even begun to use it that much yet - SSCaptor appears to at least match SnagIt in its feature set, and possibly surpasses it in a number of ways.  Again though, the "home-grown" applications here at DC are so muted, so lacking in the usual overstated, four-color, screaming text effect advertising that is all too common with commercial software packages, that it is almost too easy to overlook just how great some of them really are.

(You can pay me later, mouser!!  8) )

I'm going to stick only with SSCaptor for a good long while and get some real use out of it.

Jim

Tinman57:
  I think ScreenShotCaptor (SSC) was the first program that I bought "contributed to?" on this website.  I went through many screenshot programs, but what one would do the others wouldn't.  I actually had three different captor programs on my computer just to cover everything I needed.  SSC basically has all the bells and whistles the others lacked in one package and just blew the competition away.  It's nice to have just one captor installed on my computer, I don't have to remember which one did what I needed at the time.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version