ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Random Reboot issues (was Anyone else having random reboots with Firefox)

<< < (10/12) > >>

cmpm:
I've heard that power supply to the USB ports can affect some things.
Probably heard it here.
Don't know if it's adjustable either.

But besides that. I'd post the complete details of the problem here.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Networking-f11.html

They seem to be handling the traffic pretty good.
And having some more minds involved that know what you are saying would help imo.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks I'll take a look.

It looks like it is related to a USB device - and maybe one of the built in mobo hubs because after running the battery of stress tests on the system with no problem I plugged in the WiFi adapter again and within an hour or so started to see reboots again.

cmpm:
Heck I'd just post a link to this thread.
Save a lot of typing.

If networking isn't the best place for the problem they will tell you where to post it.

They are very good when they have the needed info.

Carol Haynes:
I have just stripped out all of the drivers from my system and a load of applications that never get used and then reinstalled the drivers associated with WiFi and also Network shared drives and left the machine chuntering all night doing lots of intensive stuff (with the WiFi attached and logged in) and (fingers crossed) it is still doing what it should this morning.

I also moved my paging files (64Mb on my Windows drive, the rest on the first partition of another drive), did and offline defrag to make sure they were fixed size and suitably placed on the drive and guess what - not one single event logged (good or bad) in the event logs all night. Well thats a first!

cranioscopical:
not one single event logged (good or bad) in the event logs all night. Well thats a first!
-Carol Haynes (March 15, 2008, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds hopeful... fingers crossed.
This sort of thing always ceates contradictary reactions in me; one wants to know the exact cause of the problem but, then again, it's such a relief when it just goes away!
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version