ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Random Reboot issues (was Anyone else having random reboots with Firefox)

<< < (5/12) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Cheek - how do you do that when you click on the desktop Firefox icon?

f0dder:
Hmmm, that sounds very very weird, a usermode program shouldn't be able to cause hard reboots like that. It must be a flaw somewhere in a device driver, although that sounds very weird as well... Which graphic card + driver version do you use, Carol and john_doe123? Firefox does allocate a fair amount of resources, so perhaps you have a graphics driver with a GDI resource bug or something? That'd be my best guess.

2.0.0.11 running stable here with "a bunch of" extensions, XP64 Pro, GF7600/163.75 drivers (and that's although I'm afraid those drivers are either pretty bugged, or my graphics card is going to die in the next few months).

If the problem persists try rolling back to a previous version and running that for a few days just to make sure it isn't an unrelated problem like faulty RAM.

It's been 100% stable here before and after UPXing the binaries.
-nosh (December 12, 2007, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Heh, I wonder why you bother - it doesn't really make firefox start faster... But okay, it was already discussed here.

nosh:
I can honestly say it seems to load faster on my system, f0dder. Maybe I just like my placebos, OK?  ;)

Lashiec:
john_doe123, did you try normal browsing with Firefox in safe mode? If you don't know how to get the mode, or deleted the link from the Start Menu, input in a Run box "firefox -safe-mode".

Also, and this is just a shot in the dark, it would be a good thing to deinstall both Adblock and the Filterset.G updater, and go with AdBlock Plus. AdBlock has some unresolved problems, and the Filterset.G has been know to cause some other ones, apart from being overzealous in what it's blocking.

cranioscopical:
Cheek - how do you do that when you click on the desktop Firefox icon?
-Carol Haynes (December 15, 2007, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm sure Microsoft will find a way, probably steal your focus, too!  :)

I had a bit of quirky stuff with 2.0.0.11 -- nothing like crashing the machine -- it seems to have come to its senses now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version