ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you archive your Email or MBox2CHM?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Just downloaded MailStore Home. It looks really useful for bringing together an entire email archive.

The great thing is it recognises duplicates (both emails and attachments) and doesn't copy multiple copies to the archive.

Note it works with lots of email apps:

urlwolf:
I'm very dissatisfied with all the crimes that Opera M2 has committed on my mail. I'd love to get a good solution; even though I think M2 is the greatest interface to handle mail, it still lost my mail. The 9.5 beta has lost indexing, and I'm not sure how to get it back to usable.

Be warned: M2 on Opera 9.5 considered harmful. And barely supported (not a single bug corrected, not a single feature added in years before 9.5; now they simply destroyed it).

crono:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I tested ABC Amber and it came pretty close to that what I want (this company is really into the convert-thing ;)). The Demo allows only to export 10 Messages to CHM. The CHM itself was "OK", but a few things are bugging me:
1) You can only choose between TXT and HTML - not keeping both
2) It loses most of the Mail-header
After all - a good product for many users but a bit to limited for my wants...

Aid4Mail could not produce CHM files. The thing which comes closest are HTML-Archives of the Mails. The result looks like kind of Outlook Web Access with one file per mail. The big big problem with this is, its only HTML - no good way searching it.

MailStore looks really good  (but has some broken Dialog Windows - strange for an DotNet App) - very stylish Interface  :Thmbsup:. I downloaded the personal edition and imported some folders. The search is really fast (they are using (Firebird) Database in the background). I will try it with all my mails - on the upcoming weekend. Really nice software :)

Carol Haynes:
MailStore looks really good  (but has some broken Dialog Windows - strange for an DotNet App)
-crono (December 12, 2007, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't played extensively - where did you find broken dialogs?

The only 'bugs' I noticed were that if you request to see an email in Outlook Express it is hit and miss whether the window actually appears (seems more consistent in Thunderbird - though web based graphics seem to be an issue - and OK in Outlook 2003.

The other thing is if you right click on a folder it gives a single item menu in German (in the English version) which should be "Refresh F5" I think. It is a German app so I presume they simply missed that one translation.

crono:
Every form where I can choose a folder or a file are broken on my machine - maybe it's just Vista. I think its because of their "theming"-component. I just wanted to show a screenshot - but the GUI Bug (buttons are only outlined with no visible content) didn't appear on the Screenshot - I didn't know SC is a Debugger :P - but ok - nevertheless a really good product. Btw. I'm using the German translation - no problem on that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version