ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

World's Fastest Vista Notebook: The Apple MacBook Pro

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lashiec:
Apple and cheap in the same sentence? ;D

I can attest nontroppo's report about MacBook's trackpad, the two-finger idea is certainly sounding and neat. Unfortunately, a trackpad is still a trackpad, and still works like any other, so a Logitech mouse for me :)

Ow, what a review. First, they mistake Crysis for FarCry (I clicked on it yesterday and I swear it read "Crysis" instead of "FarCry" like today), and not a single note: "We made this mistake, bla bla bla". Fantastic.

No charts comparing those other notebooks that are slower (no Alienware notebooks tested by PC World as well), no configuration details (we tested FarCry at this resolution, with this turned on and that off)... a mess. I saw forum signatures longer than that review.

Ralf Maximus:
Alienware is off the table for me, as we have one of their notebooks and it's the twitchiest, most fragile thing I've ever worked with.  Install an updated device driver and it breaks.  The only PC we own with a direct link to System Restore on the desktop.

Maybe I'll try one of the Dell/Alienware hybrids someday, give them a chance to absorb some of the Dell reliability.

Lashiec:
Something I forgot to mention is that 141 fps in FarCry is not a big deal (unless they're running it at maximum).

I mentioned Alienware because those guys even pack two cards in SLI within a notebook. Of course, such beast should not be used for everyday work. Only for gaming ;D

nontroppo:
...some of the Dell reliability.-Ralf Maximus (December 09, 2007, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes, UK Dells must be built differently to yours; most laptops purchased in our University are Dells, and they break with an uncanny reliability ;-)

Ralf Maximus:
...some of the Dell reliability.-Ralf Maximus (December 09, 2007, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes, UK Dells must be built differently to yours; most laptops purchased in our University are Dells, and they break with and uncanny reliability ;-)
-nontroppo (December 09, 2007, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed.  My wife has a European Dell laptop and it's quite different than the four other Dells I have in the office.  The US ones appear to be of much higher build quality.

FWIW, she also has a North American built Volksvagen, and swears it's a different car than the VW's she drove in Europe.  So what the regional quality gremlins give, they also take away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version