ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

48 Proof Beer: On Sale Soon!

(1/4) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
My heroes at Samuel Adams have brewed a 48 proof (24% alcohol) beer.  Finally.

http://www.realbeer.com/library/beerbreak/archives/beerbreak20020214.php

This directly addresses my complaints about regular beer, that you can drink a six-pack or two and still operate a car.  With a six-pack of this stuff in your system you'll be lucky to make it to the ambulance. 

My god!  24% alcohol!  I've had weaker straight shots in some bars.  Medical practitioners will use this to sterilize things because not only does it kill germs, its foaming action cleans and brightens.

All hail our new beer overlords! 

edbro:
Why in the world would you want this? I love beer. I love having a couple of beers at a time. I'd hate to have to quit after 1/3 of a beer.

This seems like a ploy to appear upscale and sell beer for an extremely premium price. I mean, come on, who drinks beer from a brandy snifter?

p3lb0x:
Ralf apparently. In my honest opinion I couldnt care less about how high the percentage of alcohol is for me its the taste that matters

f0dder:
Ralf apparently. In my honest opinion I couldnt care less about how high the percentage of alcohol is for its the taste that matters
-p3lb0x (December 08, 2007, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
* f0dder coughs
"I can see the future! I am Muad'Dib! ...muttering lottery numbers...". Sorry :P

Darwin:
48 proof! I find Belgian beer hard to drink and it's in the 7.5 to 10% alcohol range. I suspect that 24% alcohol is going to be unpalatable, at least for me  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version