ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > GOE 2007 Challenge Downloads

Evaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry

<< < (2/4) > >>

brett:
Hi all.

This has stirred up a lot more interest then I first anticipated, and I originally thought it was fun and a bit of a novelty toy.
After seeing this mentioned in a few blogs I had better clean 'Evaluweight' up a bit and add a few items. So here is what is planned.

- 'HTML generate'   menu item to generate HTML code. (completed)
- 'BBC generate'  menu item to generate HTML code. (30%)
- 'Normalisation' of weighting, allows ANY numbers of weighting to be added. (0%)
- 'file dropdown list' allows quick loading of saved  (50%)
- 'save checking' before exit check saved status. (0%)

see what I can do after the weekend. ( i have to work )

Brett

RobC:
Brett,
Any chance that you worked in Broadmeadows Victoria in the 90's  ?

Rob

urlwolf:
hehe, in judgment and decision making, this is the 'normative' way of making decisions. What is surprising is that human decisions never correspond to what a model like this (with weights etc) predicts.

i.e., fill the form for any real decision. Take your time picking your weights. Better yet, do it for a past decision. Then, compare what the weighting model says with what you actually picked. Chances are, the two things are not the same :)

By the way, does ahk have a 'spreadsheet-like' component? Maybe that'd be more convenient than the current grid of textboxes...

Good job!

brett:
Just a quick update because I wanted to have this out at the beginning of this week, and as far as GOE 2007 , it is in the same basket as GTD2006.

- 'HTML generate'   menu item to generate HTML code. (completed) [now broken, grrr....]
- 'BBC generate'  menu item to generate HTML code. (30%) [see HTML  ]
- 'Normalisation' of weighting, allows ANY numbers of weighting to be added. (0%)  [completed]
- 'file dropdown list' allows quick loading of saved  (50%) [completed]
- 'save checking' before exit check saved status. (0%)  [completed]

new
- 'add a comments box to each rating for user notes' [completed]
- 'trying different data save formats, ie csv, txt, ini, custom, Grrrrr..   ' [testing]

hehe, in judgment and decision making, this is the 'normative' way of making decisions. What is surprising is that human decisions never correspond to what a model like this (with weights etc) predicts.

i.e., fill the form for any real decision. Take your time picking your weights. Better yet, do it for a past decision. Then, compare what the weighting model says with what you actually picked. Chances are, the two things are not the same :)

By the way, does ahk have a 'spreadsheet-like' component? Maybe that'd be more convenient than the current grid of textboxes...

Good job!
-urlwolf (December 08, 2007, 03:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Urlwolf

Evaluweight certainly provokes the mind in your own decision making. Because evaluweight is on paper it takes away the emotion factor in the decision.

ahk does not have a real spreadsheet-like component, it does have a listview, but then in-cell editing becomes difficult.

the next release will have a small 'notes' button next to each cell allowing the user to jot down some comments. so I will need to stay with the grid of edit boxes.
Evaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry

Brett,
Any chance that you worked in Broadmeadows Victoria in the 90's  ?

Rob
-RobC (December 07, 2007, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Rob,  Newcastle and Sydney all my life. 

real job requires my attention, post new version as soon as I fix broken bits.

Brett

MaryG:
Very useful, Brett!  A great work in progress.

Cheers,
Mary G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version