ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > GOE 2007 Challenge Downloads

CFDButton - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry

<< < (5/6) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I see.. so you basically want to manage the menu in a folder tree structure.. I would have to re-work the way you manage the favs list, but it is do-able, and I think the feature makes sense.. I'll add it to the wishlist for the next release.. Lots of good suggestions have been made.-ChalkTrauma (December 07, 2007, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, it's adding a lot to the way the list is managed, reordering, drag and drop from FileSystem?; but it would help make the favourites more ordered.

I have not really addressed the portable issues yet. Most of my favs are to truecrypt volumes that go with me so the drive letters never change. I could use UNC paths to pick up the computer name, but I'm not sure what can be done to handle paths on USB drives, relative paths to the program may work, like you say.. I'll add this to the list of features also..
-ChalkTrauma (December 07, 2007, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was just a thought I wondered about... as I was thinking of putting it on my USB but then my work situation is different to home. Having the entries filter by computer name may also be a solution as all the non-USB file locations wont be applicable in the different situations. It's not an easy scenario.

I also wondered about keeping the history separate from the menu/recent list? That way you can keep your history list quite large (eg larger than what you'd want displayed on screen), but the recent and/or most used lists are taken from it. Therefore changing the number of Recent to Show to a higher number would instantly be populated. That may be overkill though  :-\

Perry Mowbray:
Nice changes to your website!!

Adding version history is a good idea.

Perry Mowbray:
I have not really addressed the portable issues yet.
-ChalkTrauma (December 07, 2007, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another wee issue I bumped into today... when trying to run the programme from my USB Drive at work, my computer required the C++ Runtimes, but I lack the privileges to install them.

True portability will be hindered by this requirement  :(

ChalkTrauma:
I really don't consider that a portability issue because eventually everyone will have the runtime as products move to newer versions of visual C++, Visual C++ 2008 is already out. I could package the runtime with the app and make it a alternative download, but that could cause a problems with SxS installs. I'll look into it, I seem to remember a way to put the runtime in a directory under the install, but it had some problems..

ChalkTrauma:
@Perry Mowbray: I was able to make the runtime work locally by including the manifest in the install, so if you download the portable install now, it should work without needing to install the runtime.

I also created a new install for people who want the runtime local to the app and not installed SxS in system32, as MS would have you do it :)

Let me know if you see any problems...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version