ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > GOE 2007 Challenge Downloads

CFDButton - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry

<< < (4/6) > >>

ChalkTrauma:
@zzynx: I'll look into adding the option for multiple icons. How would you use the submenu functionality? and CFD does stand for Common File Dialog :)

@Dr-Leech: Giving favs a name is an interesting idea, I'll add it to the list of feature requests for the next release.

yksyks:
How does CFDButton compare to FlashFolder? The latter seems to me more convenient. Are there any extra features?

Perry Mowbray:
I'll look into adding the option for multiple icons. How would you use the submenu functionality?

@Dr-Leech: Giving favs a name is an interesting idea, I'll add it to the list of feature requests for the next release.
-ChalkTrauma (December 07, 2007, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it was me, I'd like to be able have my Favourites like so:

<favs>
<item Name="" Path="" Icon="" />
<folder Name="" Icon="">
  <folder Name="" Icon="">
  </folder>
</folder>
</favs>
If you kept the number of times a Favourite has been clicked you could also have the option to sort by NumberOfAccesses  :-\ So, for example, you've got a Recent menu with most recent on top, you could also have a History menu with most accessed on top

Perry Mowbray:
Just a thought... Being portable, would it be sensible to include the computer with the path?

Also, When used on a portable solution (generally a USB Drive), I wonder if the path was to a file on the USB Drive that that should be indicated, as the Drive letter will most probably change when moving from computer to computer. Or maybe it should be saved as a relative path (to the programme?) if possible?

Or are you already handling these issues some other way (that I have not discovered)??

ChalkTrauma:
I see.. so you basically want to manage the menu in a folder tree structure.. I would have to re-work the way you manage the favs list, but it is do-able, and I think the feature makes sense.. I'll add it to the wishlist for the next release.. Lots of good suggestions have been made.

I have not really addressed the portable issues yet. Most of my favs are to truecrypt volumes that go with me so the drive letters never change. I could use UNC paths to pick up the computer name, but I'm not sure what can be done to handle paths on USB drives, relative paths to the program may work, like you say.. I'll add this to the list of features also..

Thanks...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version