ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileBox eXtender now works under Vista

<< < (2/4) > >>

lanux128:
the website still says free software.. going to download & try, even though i'm more concerned with this behaviour..

rjbull:
They just released a native 64-bit Vista version, as well.  The one I mentioned yesterday is 32-bit Vista-compatible.

justice:
Filebox extender was already working under Vista (32bit at least) for about 6 months at least, just not as a release version.

edit: yes since april 2007 there was a beta available that didn't give me any issues. Reported this on the forum back then. BTW i can also recommend this program, I can't live without it.

J-Mac:
Sorry to open this 3 month old thread, but I just have one question about FileBox eXtender:

It has stopped working for me on my desktop computer running XP Pro SP2.  The only change I recently made was to add one program to the Exceptions Pane in Options - I had to add SlingPlayer because the icons that FileBox eXtender places on Windows covered the standard Close and Maximize/Restore icons on SlingPlayer and it wouldn't move them. So I added SlingPlayer to the Exceptions - the first and only program I placed there - and now FileBox eXtender no longer shows on any windows nor download dialogs. Nothing I do in Options gets it working again.

Has anyone else seen this?  There is no longer a support forum at the Hyperionics website - developer says he took it down because of spam. So I can't ask about this there.

Thanks for any advice with this.

Jim

app103:
FBX isn't just free and working on Vista, now...it's also open source!

There is no longer a support forum at the Hyperionics website - developer says he took it down because of spam. So I can't ask about this there.
-J-Mac (April 06, 2008, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could try their contact page, like the notice on their forum page says.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version